Two children on a Royal Caribbean cruise tested positive for Covid-19

By Rumi Samuel Published on June 25, 2021
Two children on a Royal Caribbean cruise tested positive for Covid-19

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd said two unvaccinated children on the Adventure of the Seas turned up positive for Covid-19 following routine testing that’s required before returning home.

Both are under age 16 and were immediately quarantined, the cruise operator said Thursday on its website. One was asymptomatic, and the other had mild symptoms, the company said.

Members of the two guests’ larger party were all vaccinated and tested negative, Royal Caribbean said. The company also identified close contacts and tested them as well, with all reported having been vaccinated and returning negative results.

The company said 92% of guests were fully vaccinated, and the remaining 8% are under 16 years old. All of its crew have received inoculations.

Cruise lines are poised to resume U.S. operations after a months-long shutdown because of coronavirus. Some positive test results are inevitable with a mix of vaccinated guests and youngsters who haven’t had inoculations.

The guests and their travel party disembarked Thursday in Freeport in the Bahamas and are on their way home to Florida.

According to the company's website, the ship’s next trip starts Saturday, June 26, from Nassau, travelling to Cozumel, Mexico, Grand Bahama Island, and other stops before finishing July 3 back in Nassau.

Rumi Samuel

Rumi Samuel

0 Comment

No comment found. Be the first one to add comment on this article.

Leave a Comment